Monday, March 30, 2009

a purr-fect post

One of the best things about being a writer is meeting like-minded people who love books and view writing as a ministry. Lately I've had the privilege of becoming acquainted with some folks I just can't keep to myself and want to share. Niki Anderson is one of them! I met Niki through my literary agency, Books & Such. Niki happens to live on the sunny side of Washington State with her husband and two fascinating felines. She was gracious enough to allow me to spotlight her, though I doubt she needs the extra exposure. Her books of meditations for cat lovers have sold over 340,000 copies in the U.S. and abroad!

Niki is a lady of many talents - wife, mother, speaker and Bible teacher, and past short-term missionary to Africa. I visited her website and blog, and met her red tabby, Myles, via his handsome portrait with Niki. Without the slightest exaggeration, I think Myles is the most stunning cat I've ever seen. Hop on over to http://www.nikianderson.net/ and you'll probably start purring with agreement. Niki is also as lovely and gracious as she looks.

Recently Niki attended the Cat Fanciers Association international show in Atlanta where 800 pedigreed cats and their owners gathered. On her website is a picture of Niki signing her books at this event. She's also posted some wonderful photos of cats, breeds which I've never heard of before, like the Ragdoll. Pretty nice cat, but I'll take Myles!

Niki's forthcoming book is titled Whiskers, Wit, and Wisdom; it can be pre-ordered on Amazon. She's also written What I Learned from God While Gardening, Inspirational Stories for Cat Lovers, and What My Cat Has Taught Me About Life. If you order her other books through her website she will sign and mail them. I plan on ordering some for birthdays and Christmas to give cat-loving cousins and friends.

Thank you, Niki, for sharing your ministry with folks on my blog. I know they'll be blessed!

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. -Leonardo da Vinci

If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they, too, would purr. -Martin Buxbaum

A meow massages the heart. -Stuart McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment