Tuesday, March 10, 2009

hats off to hennepin!


I LOVE libraries and this week I'm saluting the Hennepin County Library in Minnesota as they've ordered 4 copies of The Frontiersman's Daughter and already have 1 request pending to read it. Lest this go to my head, they also seem to have ordered 4 copies of every book available in the nation for the next 6 months. Anyway, this library system looks huge and they like books, plus they are next door to my publisher. Thank you, Hennepin!

My own library shelf is bursting with books. There's no such thing as just stopping buying books. I simply need more shelves. Is it a terrible thing to have designs on your son's room when he is only 12? I'm already building bookcases in my mind and repainting his room and he won't leave home for another 6 years, if then. Poor Wyatt. I have visions of a library in my little house but don't know if it will ever be.

The contents of someone's bookcase are part of his history, like an ancestral portrait. -Anatole Brayard

The good book is always a book of travel; it is about a life's journey. -HM Tomlinson

I know not how to abstain from reading. -Samuel Pepys


No comments:

Post a Comment