Sunday, May 25, 2008

serendipitous Saturday

I had two delightful things happen yesterday - Saturday. The first was that we were able to get all dressed up as a family and have our picture made for the first time in 9 years. The boys looked so BIG and handsome in their polo shirts and black pants. I was reminded of that first picture when Paul was only 3 months old and Wyatt was just two. I'm going to try to post a couple of pics but will have to wait until my brother gets back from Spain. I'm computer challenged in the extreme. It's an absolute miracle that I was able to send a manuscript to a publishing house but that's another story.

The second delightful thing that happened was that I was sitting in my overstuffed chair Saturday night and an email rolled in from down south. Not deep south -but San Diego. I've always had a soft spot for San Diego though I've never been there. Our wonderful neighbors just across the road from us are from San Diego and we've had the privilege of having lunch with them every week for the past 11 years. Anyway, this email was from a music teacher/golfer/mom of three who just happened to stumble across my blog and left a really neat comment.

If I had had a joy button I would have pressed it and sent it back to San Diego. It may seem like such a small thing but the small things make me happiest. Well, aside from that book contract. She has a wonderful golfing blog and although I don't understand a word of it, it is so interesting it makes me want to go golfing. My world got a little bit larger, thanks to her. This blogging thing might be worthwhile after all.

1 comment:

  1. See there.........you just never know who is reading all you write and enjoying it, Very neat that the San Diego Mom posted such a neat comment. I know your pics went well! I can't wait for you to get a couple pics posted on your blog. I don't have a blog or would help you in that. Hopefully Chris will be back soon to get those up for you. :)

    ReplyDelete