Thursday, May 1, 2008

faithful readers

Philippians 1:3
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

Until a month ago, I wasn't really sure what a blog was. I wish it was called something else since "blog" is sort of an ugly word. I am all for beautiful words. Someone once said the most beautiful words in the English language are "midsummer afternoon." Maybe because of what the words bring to mind - sunshine, warmth, idleness, ease.

I have my brother to thank for setting up this blog and also the neocounter at right. I didn't know such things existed! But it is kind of a treat seeing who is checking in. I have a few faithful readers, and I really do thank Him for every one of you! There are a million blogs out there and you take the time to visit mine. Thank you.

If you ever wonder who on earth in Ecuador would visit this blog - it's my brother, Chris. He and the Lexington, Ky people are neck in neck. Hello to my Mom and Dad in Berea and also faithful Frances and Alice, and maybe Brenda at Berea Baptist Church. Then there is my dear cousin Rhonda in North Carolina, my cousin Polly who is a Coca-Cola exec in Atlanta and writes better than I do, my wonderful Aunt Janice in Georgia, and maybe my Granny's adopted daughter, Rebecca, in GA also. Hello, Aunt Janelle, if that's you in Chillicothe, Ohio! If Pittsburgh pops up, it's my old college roommate, Heather, who thinks it's absolutely hilarious that I have a blog (I do too, Heather). I've yet to hear from my cousin Lorri in Moscow - no, not Idaho, but the real Russia. Hope I'm not forgetting anyone ...

Ah, yes! The mystery reader in Sequim, WA, which is right down the road from me. Who are you? I smile every time I see you've checked in again. Since I haven't told anyone around here this blog exists, I am kind of puzzled. I hope you continue reading. I hope I continue to have edifying things to post. As the publishing date for my book nears, this blog might get a little more interesting.

God bless you all, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment