Monday, May 12, 2008

book stuff

I just received an interesting email from my publisher - the marketing department in particular. This Thursday they will hold a meeting about my upcoming book due to be released next summer. Next summer seems so far away sometimes! But it actually takes that long or longer to bring a book to print.

So this Thursday several different departments from Baker Books will come together to discuss the place my book will have on the summer 09 schedule. Every book has a particular position. They also will begin to hold meetings to discuss the title and cover design. I think I have a good working title for the book but am fine if they change it. I wish I could be a little bug on the wall for Thursday's meeting.

They were gracious enough to ask me many questions about this whole process and the one I liked most was about the book cover. I was only too happy to tell them! My husband read the email and said, "These people are so nice to work with."

I still feel like this is all a dream and I'll wake up and realize I only dreamed of writing that book! God is so good. I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. It must be fascinating to experience a book's upbringing from seed to shelf...It takes a village, I suppose...Glad your "villagers" are so supportive!

    ReplyDelete