Wednesday, May 27, 2009

cabin in spring

I think this cabin looks like the cabin on my book cover. But I'm glad the artist chose autumn for Lael's cabin as it looks so dramatic with the fall color. It seems to fit the novel better, too. Plus the book is released in August which always seems like the start of autumn to me. I think those old settlers must have breathed a big sigh after the corn crop came in and the dog days of August were done. I used to think I'd been born two hundred years too late but after all the research into that time period, I see that I was right on time:)

Now that we're drawing close to release day, I'm hearing much ado about my "debut." Growing up in Kentucky where debutantes had "coming out" parties and balls, I always wished for a debut. Well, I'm about to get one (a book debut, anyway) which probably makes me the oldest debutante in history. So I'll simply call it Lael's debut since she's about the right age. I've heard The Frontiersman's Daughter is getting some attention from book clubs which makes me very happy. My publisher asked me to create some discussion questions for readers which I thoroughly enjoyed doing. They're starting to appear on internet book sites but I hope you don't peek since I consider the questions a spoiler! Read the book first, then take a look!

If anyone missed my mailing bookmarks and bookcards, I'd love to send some to you. If you email me at laurafrantz61@yahoo.com and leave your postal address, I'll get those in the mail to you. Bless you:) If you want to be entered in a drawing for a free copy of the book, just leave your name and state and I'll put that in the hat, too, so to speak.

A small drop of ink produces that which makes thousands think. -Lord Byron

Everywhere I have sought rest and not found it, except sitting in a corner by myself with a little book.
-Thomas a Kempis

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura. I'll send you my address so I can get a bookmark too. Thanks.
    I love that cabin. I've often said that I should have been born during the 1800's. But you're right, sometimes I realize that it was a tough life. Washing dishes by hand... no thank you! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I would love to send you a bookmark and will include a few extra for your mom and any of your reading friends who like historical fiction. Thank you for asking! I agree with the work angle back then - think I'll keep my hot showers and washer and dryer:) Among other things!

    ReplyDelete