Monday, September 15, 2008

about those books

Here's a short list of books coming out with Revell in the next 3 years:

1. The Frontiersman's Daughter
2. The Preacher's Daughter
3. The Scrivener's Daughter

The first title is Revell's pick and the last two are mine but they might change. I don't have to worry about the word count on book 2. A quality story trumps word count, so my editor says, and I'm thankful. Still, I'll try to trim where I can.

I should be hearing about - or seeing - the cover for The Frontiersman's Daughter soon. And I'll post it here as soon as I can. Of all the interesting milestones in this publishing journey, this is dearest to my heart. Revell is known for its beautiful covers so this should be eye-opening to say the least. I just hope I know Lael when I look at her!

Next research stop: Fort Pitt. I have to make a trip to Pennsylvania and then skip on over across the river to Fort Steuben in Ohio. After feeling like a travel writer last month on that Kentucky trip, I am really looking forward to doing it all again. And I promise to keep you posted, no pun intended:)

No comments:

Post a Comment