Saturday, November 15, 2008

weekends


I'm sure many of you breathe a collective sigh of relief when the weekend comes. A good weekend here means sleeping in and big breakfasts and lingering by the fireplace and reading a good book (or writing one). But not this weekend! We're expecting at least ten for lunch tomorrow and our fridge just passed away so ...

Now I have a new fridge and even more company coming:) I think of Thoreau who said, "I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude." But we all need company sometimes! And the Bible has a lot to say about hospitality. My favorite verse regarding this is:

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2

We are entertaining an angel of sorts tomorrow. At least she sings like an angel! She and her family travel the U.S. in an R.V. to sing and speak all over. Her name is Lisa Marie Buster and she has a wonderful music ministry. Her husband and sons, ages 5 and 8, travel with her. Her website is really neat and she seems very dynamic. I've never met her but will tomorrow as she's coming to our church.

Hope you have an angel in your future:) Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, hoping your hospitality weekend goes well! I know all about visitors coming on weekends, ha! Most of the time, it is wanted visitors. :) But you are right in the fact that angels come in many forms as visitors or strangers who come for some type of visit and we welcoming them in is the right thing to do. Mark has literally brought home strangers in the past out of nowhere who are down on their luck somehow, and we fed them a meal. He generally is the one who reminds me of such hospitality and what God wants us to do. Here lately, it has been friends or family who have come to visit. We have a quiet weekend here together as my kids are at Seana's having fun! It is a nice break..........no neighbor kids here for a change!!!!! Thinking of you guys and have a nice weekend. Talk soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great hostess, Rhonda! I remember how you spoiled us when we came to North Carolina:) My boys still talk about it! I know Mark has a real heart for people too. Looking forward to that next visit!

    ReplyDelete