Thursday, September 10, 2009

a most amazing verse

It's almost the weekend and I know many of you embrace it:) Some of my friends have had a hard week - one in the E.R., another dealing with a difficult boss, sick children, a big bill, a misunderstanding, a dream on hold, etc. In each of our lives there is always so much happening, both good and bad. One of the most profound things I ever heard anyone say was on Beth Moore's amazing blog, http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com. Not long ago her daughter Melissa made the comment, "He (God) knows it's hard to be us." Those simple words spoke to me in a way many sermons never have.

Ever read the Bible and stumble across a verse you've never seen before and it really ministers to you in a huge way? That happened this week. Sometimes I think He hides certain Scripture from us till we really need it. Or our spiritual vision improves and we appreciate it:) Maybe this is as much for you as it is for me:

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields Him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders. Deuteronomy 33:12 (NIV)

If you're tired today, take comfort from this verse. I know I have. I'd love to hear some Scripture that speaks to you.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I found your blog through your website, and wanted to let you know how much I loved The Frontiersman's Daughter! I posted on it this evening - and can I say I am anxiously awaiting your next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth,
    So good to meet you here! I've just visited your blog and left a comment, plus I pushed the follower button:) You have a wonderful writing style and said such heartfelt things about my book. Thank you so very much for each and every word! I pray you enjoy Courting Morrow Little just as much. Readers and reviewers like you make writing so worthwhile! It will be fun to keep in touch through your site. I see you enjoy the same books I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - Likewise! You are very welcome. :) I look forward to keeping in touch thru the blogosphere. I haven't been on Blogger too terribly long, but I've been trying to make the transition from Xanga over the past few months. Like the template better. :) Looking forward to getting to know you a bit & learning about your upcoming works! :) God bless, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Chronicles 20:12 "....nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."

    I get overwhelmed at times and feel helpless, at a loss for what to do....but I know I have to keep focused on Him and not give up. Keeping my eyes on Him, that's the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti,
    We've been studying this in Sunday school and it really has been a great model on how to respond in a crisis. Jehoshaphat was my kind of guy:) Thanks for sharing this incredible Scripture. Readers can look at the whole story if they like - 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. Thank you, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful promise He has given us! and the picture you posted goes perfect with it... love the idea of Him as a gentle shepherd, watching His flock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shepherd image also, Lisa. I really need one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always Laura, love reading your blog as it is always inspirational, uplifting and heart warming! I always feel so good after checking in with you here to see your latest! Wishing you a safe upcoming trip this week, and praying Randy and the boys will be just fine without you for just a few days. Talk with you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words are just as heartwarming, Rhonda! I hope you're enjoying that North Carolina sunshine:) We're having an 80' day here. Just heard we've had 11 record-breaking days for heat this summer. No wonder it's been my favorite summer thus far! I hope to post something from Denver so will keep in touch hopefully!

    ReplyDelete