Sunday, September 20, 2009

denver memories

I had one too many desserts in Denver and the party is now over. This little number was chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and a white chocolate ACFW logo with green apple swirl. Yum. Not something I'd whip up in my own kitchen! All the meals were gourmet and the staff did such a great job keeping up with over 500 people.

This is my new friend, Colleen, from Ohio, who writes suspense. She's a homeschooling mom of 4, has a beautiful voice, and a heart to serve God through her writing. We just "bumped" into each other early on at conference but it was one of those divine appointments once again. Lots of those the last 5 days.

Alright, dear readers, this is the next best thing to Ian I could find in Denver:) He's Chip MacGregor of MacGregor Literary, resplendent in that green and blue kilt:) I wasn't the only woman who wanted to pose with him - but I had the best excuse! I told him about my Scotsman in The Frontiersman's Daughter, and he was most obliging. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend next year but sure hope so. Next conference is in Indianapolis and might make a fine excuse to go home to Kentucky. Hallelujah!

6 comments:

  1. Chip looks fab, but so do you, girl! You look resplendent in your evening wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! It was fun to play dress-up for once and not go barefoot and casual:) The kilt was really cool! I doubt I'll get to go next year but it was a blessing. I met other published writers who'd never been before and a host of unpublished who've been for years. So go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you look lovely in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the compliment, Virginia! I could get used to dressing up and eating desserts like that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a good time at the conference. And how cool that you got to meet Chip MacGregor. I've heard wonderful things about him from one of his clients, among others, and hope one day to meet him myself.

    You look stunning in your new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing missing from this wonderful conference was you, Keli! I'm holding out for that happening one day. Maybe Mt. Hermon would be the nearest place? And thanks for the compliment. I get to wear my Denver duds to a dress-up wedding reception this weekend and am so glad:)

    ReplyDelete