I just returned from a women's retreat (Christian and Missionary Alliance)and feel so blessed. Oregon is an amazing place! No sales tax. Tall trees. Mount Hood. Lots of wild and scenic rivers, not to mention all that surf. I also celebrated my birthday there and enjoyed an almost too pretty to eat fudge-dipped twinkie from Ladybug Chocolates in Canby:)
But back to the retreat... Author Bette Nordberg spoke on "A Daddy You Can Trust." I must need the lesson again because trust was the theme of my first retreat several years ago.
Here are some highlights:
* God knows more about how to live life than you do
* He is a God of perfect timing
* God wants a woman He can trust
* He wants a woman who trusts Him
* God's character makes Him a Father worth trusting
* He has a plan for both your calling (your ministry) and your character
* He never intents you to walk the plan alone, and when he reveals His plan you will want it as much as He does
We drove by this incredibly beautiful mountain there and back. The sun was out and it smelled like spring everywhere. I didn't even mind turning 48:) The scripture for the retreat was fulfilled - He satisfies the thirsty soul and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9
Now back to those books!