Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year!


Good morning 2009! Here in the woods of Washington we were gifted with a couple of more inches of snow in the new hours. On my new calendar is a very poetic quote by very brainy Al Einstein: Snowflakes are the fairy dust of winter. And you thought he was all about relativity and mass-energy equivalence! Reminds me of another favorite quote by noted Japanese painter and Christian, Mokoto Fujimura, "All gifts of creativity, like the Magi's star, point straight to a stable in Bethlehem."

So on this snowy January 1st, I'm back to all the little domestic details I abandoned during recent days as a galleys slave. Randy gets a chocolate cream pie. I'm cleaning off my desk. The two Christmas trees are begging to be undecorated and burned but I can't bear to part with them yet even though they are stiff as starch and more olive than evergreen:(

Wyatt was the only one who stayed up past midnight as he went to a church party with lots of food and fireworks while the rest of us went to bed. The new year is revving up to be full of challenges. I've already encountered something that is threatening to tie me in knots if I let it but I also have the anecdote - Scripture.

Hop on over to Beth Moore at livingproofministries.blogspot.com and see what this amazing woman has rigged up for this year. Twice a month she's posting Scripture to memorize in the New English Translation. Here's the first:

He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him. Isaiah 33:6

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment