Friday, July 29, 2011

heaven in their hearts



Well might our Lord say, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you," for they who truly are born of God, carry heaven in their hearts.

The tide of popularity began to run very high...had it not been for my compassionate High Priest, popularity would have destroyed me. I used to plead with Him to take me by the hand and lead me unhurt through this fiery furnace. He heard my request, and gave me to see the vanity of all commendations but His own.

Lord, show that Thou dost love me, by humbling me and keeping me humble as long as I live. The means I leave to Thee. I am Thy clay. Thou art the Potter; mould me as it seemeth good to Thy sovereign goodwill and pleasure! Amen and Amen.

I desire to make mention only of the Lord's righteousness... Like a pure crystal, I would transmit all the light He poureth upon me... I would have Jesus all in all.

~George Whitefield
1714-1770