Wednesday, June 8, 2011

my all in all

The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.

~2 Chronicles 16:9

God is looking for men and women whose hearts are firmly fixed on Him and who will continually trust Him for all He desires to do with their lives. God is ready and eager to work more powerfully than ever through His people, and the clock of the centuries is striking the eleventh hour. There is no limit to what God can do through you, provided you do not seek your own glory.

George Mueller, at more than ninety years of age, said, "I was converted in November 1825, but I didn't come to the point of total surrender of my heart until four years later, in July 1829. It was then I realized my love for money, prominence, position, power, and worldly pleasure was gone. God, and He alone, became my all in all. In Him I found everything I needed, and I desired nothing else. By God's grace, my understanding of His sufficiency has remained to this day, making me an exceedingly happy man. It has led me to care only about the things of God... Never be satisfied until you too can express from you innermost soul, 'God is an infinitely wonderful Being.'

~Streams in the Desert