Monday, October 4, 2010

happy monday

It's early Monday morning and I'm looking out my window and see yellow leaves falling...it's fall! Somehow October snuck up on me. And I can't let another minute pass without extending a HUGE thanks to all the bloggers and readers out there who included The Frontiersman's Daughter in the INSPY Awards shortlist. This means so much as it comes from the hearts and heads of bloggers themselves. I could say more but invite you to click on the link where they explain the INSPYs far more eloquently than I can here. So thank you, dear blogging friends, wherever you are! I'm so thankful and thrilled you liked Lael's journey.

I also wanted to highlight another blogging friend, Julia, who is hosting a special bunch of blogging guests this week during which they talk about blogging as a ministry. Come meet Lisa Buffaloe and others as they talk about why they blog. They just might surprise and encourage you!

Lots of excitement for me this weekend as my computer crashed and I have to spend the next couple of days transitioning to a new system. I'm going to leave comments off for today's post as I won't be online to answer them. Hopefully I'll be back with you soon. Prayers appreciated that all my book files are intact:)

Thought I'd share what I read in this morning's devotional that so convicted and encouraged me...

I am a man of prayer. ~Psalm 109:4

All to often we are in a "holy" hurry in our devotional time. How much actual time do we spend in quiet devotion on a daily basis? Can it be easily measured in minutes? Can you think of even one person of great spiritual stature who did not spend much of his or her time in prayer? It has been said that no great work of literature or science has ever been produced by someone who did not love solitude. It is also a fundamental principle of faith that no tremendous growth in holiness has ever been achieved by anyone who has not taken the time frequently, and for long periods, to be alone with God. ~Streams in the Desert

Happy Monday!